Monday 26 November 2012

Maybelline 24h Color Tattoos Review

I'm normally not a huge fan of eye shadows that are sold seperately, mainly because they are, firstly, more expensive (hey, i'm a student!) and secondly, because you can't create a whole eyeshadow look with one, like you can with a palette.
 
But after hearing so many great reviews about the Maybelline 24hrs Color Tattoos, that when I got given a boots giftcard for my birthday, I finally thought I'd try them out.
 
And I love them.
 
Let me explain a bit about them. They are cream eyeshadows, however they dry when on the skin which makes them long lasting. I usually have a problem with eye shadow lasting, but not with these! They might even last the 24hrs they claim! Though seriously, who's going to be wearing them that long?!
 
As they are long lasting, they also are perfect for using as eyeshadow primer as they will not budge. I have heard they dry out fairly quickly but I haven't had them for long enough to comment on this.
 
They are heavily pigmented which is perfect as this means you use less. Their colour range is fairly broad, however most shops I've seem them in stock only a few colours.
 
I really liked their application to the skin as they were soft enough to apply without having to use huge amounts of effort to get them on.
 
I picked two to get me started;
 
Swatches! Permanent taupe - left, pink gold - right
 
number 65 - pink gold because it is the most beautifully sparkly pink colour!
 
and number 40 - permanent taupe as it is a perfect base for grey smokey eye looks
 
 
 
 
 
I think it's fair to say I was not disappointed and I already have my eye on the vibrant coloured purple now! (must... resist....)
 
Let me know what you think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment