Saturday 4 January 2014

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette Review

Never, ever did I think I would've bought a Naked palette. Being a student, I've always waited and opted for the cheaper dupes that are always bound to hit the shelves of the high street soon after. However the other day I remembered I had loads of money on gift cards left over, and thought I would treat myself!


I'm really happy I bought it now, because it's full of lovely pink-toned eyeshadows that make me feel very toasty, warm and christmassy. I love the warmth these shadows add to my makeup, perfect when it's cold outside, and I want to feel all snuggled up inside. I'll spare you the swatches (they've been clogging up my bloglovin' feed for weeks now!), but it contains 3 matte shades, one of which makes a nice highlight and two that are great for the crease of the eye, and also 9 shadows of varying amount of shimmer and sparkle. Everywhere I've read about it, it's been described as "perfect for green eyes", however it's definitely not one for my fellow brown-eyed girls to overlook, as I think it's equally flattering on brown-eyes. 



My favourite shadow out of them all has to be Blackheart. Blackheart is a nearly but not quite black shadow, with tons of shimmery pink glitter. It's probably the least everyday appropriate shadow, but I've been wearing it anyway along my upper lash line, instead of eyeliner. I love using shadow instead of eyeliner anyway, but it's definitely a gorgeous bit of warmth that you could use when doing a more cool-toned eye look.


These eyeshadows do create lots of fallout (and I mean a lot!), but I just do my face makeup after when using them, so it's not a huge problem for me.

Alongside the eyeshadows, there is also a double ended brush. One side has your average flat eyeshadow brush, which although nice, I would've preferred another style as everyone and the cat's mother seems to have one. But on the other side there's a really nice, slightly flat but fluffy blending brush which is perfect for applying eyeshadows to my eye sockets. Also with this comes 7 days worth of 4 different Urban Decay Primers, fantastic if you're like me and stick with the original but fancy trying the others out!

All in all, it's a great palette and really nice as a treat! Without those gift cards would I have bought it? Not sure... Am I glad I bought it and getting good use out of it? Definitely.

What do you think? Are you ready to splurge, or are you waiting for dupes?





No comments:

Post a Comment