Wednesday 3 April 2013

Prom Dresses for your Body Type!

Today I want to continue my Prom Mini Series by talking about Prom Dresses for your Body Type!
If you don't yet know which your body type is, then lucky for you, I blogged about it a couple of days ago... (you would almost think I'd planned this!)

Being a bit of a pear myself, working out what suits my body type has been a long and sometimes painful process for me, so I hope I can help someone else with it!

Below I'm going to show you a few dresses (all from ASOS just to try and keep things simple), and for each one I'm going to explain which body types it's likely to suit and why.

So without any further ado... bring out dress number one!
 
 
Now ignoring colour and the detailing, look at the shape of this dress - strapless with a puffy skirt. This style is perfect for those of you who are apple shaped, as the sweetheart is flattering on larger busts, and the skirt will create hips, balancing out your figure. Other body shapes will work with this dress, but be warned pear shaped girls, this dress will emphasise the width of your hips!


This is another one for you apple ladies as it doesn't cling to your stomach, and shows off your lovely slim legs. It's also great on those with a tomboy figure too! The floatiness of this dress (floatiness is totally a word!) will create movement and fluidity creating the illusion of fuller hips.
 
 
I love this dress style on lots of body shapes as it's fairly universally flattering. However this style dress is particularly flattering on pear shapes, as the horizontal stripes broaden the appearance of your bust size, and the vertical stripes lengthen the lower half of your body.
 
 
Now this is a great dress for pear shaped girls who love floaty feminine styles. Firstly it will broaden your shoulders with the wide straps. The black belt is at the perfect place to nip you in where you are smallest. The skirt is also great as it will float over your hips, but doesn't have much netting to emphasise their size! However this dress will totally work for the majority of body shapes.
 
 
If you don't mind showing off your back, this is a great dress for those curvier girls (for example pears and hourglasses), as the long length will make your legs appear longer. It will also make your bum look good! ;)
 
So there you go... There were about 101 dresses I could have picked as styles for each body type, but in the end, regardless of your body type, you have to find out what works for you!

Good luck prom dress shopping!
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you again for all the knowledge you distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job, I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing! Regards,
    Prom Dresses

    ReplyDelete