Wednesday 10 April 2013

Zingy Lemon Salad Recipe!

A couple of days ago, when my brain was entirely drained by revision (story of my life right now), I decided to make lunch for my mum and I.
I wanted a salad to be healthy, but I wanted to do something slightly different to your usual green salad, so here's what I came up with!

You will need; Some kind of lettuce (mine was a mixed bag but some basil leaves sounds nice), Sweetcorn, A few cashew nuts (optional), Bread, Olive oil, A clove of garlic, Ground pepper, Lemon juice

First of all, turn on the oven to a medium heat. In a baking tray, tear a piece of bread into pieces. Finely dice a clove of garlic and add to the tray. Toss it all around in some olive oil, and place in the oven to bake for roughly eight minutes.

 
Whilst that's cooking, cook some sweetcorn and leave it to cool! (I cooked it in the microwave to be quick)

Wash your lettuce and then toss it around in some lemon juice (to taste, takes a bit of trial and error to suit it to your taste buds!) I also ground some pepper over it at this point.
 
 
Serve the lettuce into bowls or onto plates and distribute the sweetcorn on top. I threw a 5 or 6 cashews nuts on top to give the salad a little more substance, and then topped it off with a lots of the croutons from above!
 

I found this salad super yummy, but not as filling as I would of liked, does anyone have any ideas of how I can make it more filling, but not unhealthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment