Sunday 24 March 2013

Couscous Stuffed Peppers Recipe

Today's post is slightly different to the usual posts for me... because it's a recipe!

As you may or may not know, I'm planning to go off to Uni in September and since I enjoy cooking, I thought now would be a great opportunity for me to start playing around with food, seeing which meals I like to cook, and which dishes I can prepare fairly easily. Last night was about the third time I've made this dish, and I've altered it a bit since I first made it. It was delicious and didn't require lots of hard work, so this is definately one I'll make again!

If you fancy trying this recipe out, you will need: Several peppers, Couscous,
Various chopped vegetables (I used onion, courgette and mushrooms), Pesto and Grated cheese.

So here's how to make them! Chop several peppers in half, from top to bottom, and remove the insides. I chose to use red peppers as they have the sweetest taste.

Cover them in a bit of olive oil, place them on a tray inside down and put them into a preheated, medium temperature oven for 20-30 minutes depending on the size of the peppers.
 
Whilst your peppers are cooking, cook some couscous according to the instructions on the packaging.
 
Then dice and fry some vegetables to go with your couscous. I used onion, courgette and a couple of mushrooms, but feel free to use whatever vegetables you like. You could even try some pepperoni or chicken if you fancy!
 
Once the vegetables are fried, add some pesto. I used half a jar and that was enough. Once heated, add your vegetable pesto mix to your couscous.
 
Now for the fun bit! Turn over the pepper halfs and stuff them with couscous, packing it down as you go. This was a bit messy, but I quite enjoyed doing it! Then sprinkle some grated cheese on top! I used chedder as that was what we had, but if you feel like being fancy, you could try some parmesan!
 
Pop your stuffed peppers under the grill until the cheese melts. Put on a plate et Voila!
 
I'm not sure the final photo truly does them justice, but they were so delicious. My sister isn't a huge fan of pepper, but she really liked them too!
 
Fancy giving these a go?

No comments:

Post a Comment