Monday 11 March 2013

My January and February Favourites!

If you don't know what a favourites blogpost is, then this is one!
A review of the a few of the products I've found myself reaching for time after time the past two months!

Collection2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer
This is honestly probably the best concealer I've tried, and it's rediculously affordable for the quality! Priced at £4.19, it's got a lovely creamy consistancy and provides great coverage making concealing blemishes and bags under your eyes look really natural. It also does a great job at minimising the appearance of open pores! This is so good, I've already bought another for when this one runs out!
 
Soap and Glory Scrub'em and Leave'em Body Buff
For a while now I've been looking for a replacement for my Body Shop Balgamot Salt Scrub (sadly discontinued...) and although this isn't quite the same, it is reeeeally lovely! The salt in it does a great job of exfoliation, whilst the oils in it provide moisture to leave the skin soft and smooth. The name also makes me smile a little bit which is always a plus!

Soap and Glory Hand Food
With all the winter weather we've been having, my hands get really horrible and dry. I've tried quite a few hand creams, but none quite live up to this one. Having sensitive skin means normally I react badly to fragranced smells but this one doesn't have any negative effects on me at all, in fact for me the soft scent is a plus! It moisturises without feeling greasy and leaves your skin feeling lovely and smooth. I have a larger 125ml version for my vanity table and a smaller 50ml version for my handbag!

Loreal Elvive Essential Oil
It makes my hair lovely and soft and smooth, without being greasy! It works miracles on my dry hair, I've done a full review which you might like to read.
 
MUAprofessional Eyeshadow Pallette in Undressed
Beautiful colours that are neutral for with a pop of colour that are perfect for everyday, or for evening if you're not wanting to be dramatic! (most are almost exact dupes for the Urban Decay Naked2 palette!) It's really affordable at only £4, however the colours will fade unless you use a good primer. In any case, I'm pretty sure you can tell how much I've used it from the dirty packaging!

Maybelline 24hrs Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold
I've already done a more detailed review of the collection so i'll keep this short and sweet. It's a beautiful colour, neutral but pretty and girly, so I like to wear it on lazy days as it's quick and easy to apply with your fingers, and I can be secure in the knowledge that it'll last all day. If you fancy seeing swatches, they're all on the full review!

A flannel?!
Please don't laugh at me, I'm dead serious! I haven't used a flannel in years as I, like many people, figured I could just use my hands whilst in the shower. However, recently I watched a youtube video by AModelRecommends who talked about the benefits of flannels. Ever since, I've been slightly hooked. Using a flannel has definately improved my skin, as it provides some light exfoliation. This removes dead skin cells (gross I know!), leaving you with a fresher, brighter face.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturiser
This has definately been my go-to body moisturiser these past 2 months. Not only does it smell like chocolate, but it also gives your skin a lovely radiant glow which makes it look healthy and tanned. Just be careful not to eat it, it might not taste so good!
 
What about you? What have you been loving?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment