Sunday 31 March 2013

Happy Easter and March Favourites!

Today's post is a double whammy post! 
(can I hear an ooh?) 

First of all it's Easter and I wanted to wish you all a Happy Easter! I'm a Christian so this celebration has special meaning for me. It's a time when I'm reminded that someone perfect and blameless loved me enough to die for me, and that because of that I no longer have to feel guilty for my imperfections and screw ups! That's pretty amazing, right?

Secondly, it's also the end of the month. And that means, it's beauty favourites time!

Favouritest favourite product of the month has to be Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream without a doubt. I've done a detailed rave review post which you can read, but I wanted to mention it just in case you missed it! It's a lovely hydrating, moisturising multipurpose cream, that only smells slightly odd! Well worth a try if you have dry skin like me!

I've also been loving the "10" blusher bronzer duo by Benefit. It was the first real blusher I ever bought, but I haven't really used it for quite a while. But I randomly decided to give it a use half way through the month and have regularly used it since. It is made up of a shimmery bronzer and a shimmery pale pink blusher. This blush is so pale that I have occasionally used it as a highlight along the top of my cheekbones. Although you are supposed to use the colours stripped next to each other along your cheeks, I've been swirling it together on my brush and it gives me a lovely healthy glow!

Another product I've been enjoying using lately is the Pencil Eyeliners by No.7. They're lovely and creamy, and the one I have is a very dark grey colour, with a lot of sparkle. I've been using it a lot recently to smudge out, creating a subtle smokey eye!

The next product was one I was given by a friend, the Benefit Eye Bright. It's a pale pink concealer in a jumbo pencil form. I like it because the pink counteracts the blue shades I sadly find below my eyes, and also because the pencil form means you have greater control and accuracy of where you place it.

I've also recently got into contouring and highlighting a lot this month. Although it's quite a lot of work for everyday, it's lovely for special occasions. I use the Blank Canvas Cosmetics Contour 1 Palette which I really have enjoyed using as it has different shades so is easy to adapt according to your skin colour. It also means you can start off lightly and then intensify it to your taste. 



I don't have any skin or hair products this month, is there anything you'd recommend me trying?

No comments:

Post a Comment